It is very simple to be saved and takes only a minute to explain. Please let me show you how to get to Heaven from the Bible, God's Word...
- Man is a Sinner in the Eyes of a Holy God.
- Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
- Romans 3:19, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
- John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”
- Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- There is a Price For Our Sin―Burning in Hell Forever.
- Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
- 2nd Thessalonians 1:8, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
- Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
- Jesus paid that price by dying on the cross and shedding His blood; Christ was buried and bodily rose again the third day!
- Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- 1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
- 1st Peter 1:18-19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ...”
- 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” This is the Gospel.
- By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we are immediately saved.
- Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
- John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”
- John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
- John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
- Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
- Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
- Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- 1st Corinthians 3:11, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in a Person... The LORD JESUS CHRIST!
Simply BELIEVE the Gospel and You Are Saved!
The Heresy Of Having To “Pray” To Be Saved
Fundamentalist Heresy! (In this awesome sermon by Pastor Jack Hyles, he explains that prayer, turning from sins, inviting Jesus into your heart, and other popular clichés are not necessary to be saved. They are not wrong to do, just so long as you don't do them to get or stay saved!)
My friend, for most of my Christian life I have led people to pray a sinner's prayer to be saved. Although this is not wrong to do, it is an extra step that the Bible does NOT require, which may confuse some people. You don't have to “ask” Jesus to save you, because God has already promised “TO SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE” (1st Corinthians 1:21). We read in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life” [emphasis added]. The way to be saved is to BELIEVE THE GOSPEL!!!
Do you admit that you are a GUILTY sinner, under the condemnation of God's LAW, deserving of Hellfire?
Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God (God in the flesh) who died upon the cross, sacrificing His precious blood to pay for your sins? Do you believe that Jesus was buried and bodily resurrected three days later? This is the Good News of the Gospel... Jesus DIED ON THE CROSS, He was BURIED and He is RISEN! Believe it friend, make it your only hope for eternal life, and you are saved!!! Amen!
To be saved you simply come to God by faith, as a guilty sinner, and BELIEVE the Gospel.
You must know that you are a sinner. No man ever got saved who didn't know that he is a sinner. Repentance is that thing when you come before God and see yourself as you are, and see Him as he is, and say with Isaiah “Woe is me, for I am unclean!” Repentance is simply a change of mind, where you admit that you are a woeful sinner totally incapable of saving yourself. Thus, you believe the Gospel (Good News) of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.
Perhaps you'd feel comfortable praying a sinner's prayer as did the publican in Luke 18:13... “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto Heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.” It doesn't matter exactly what you pray, because you're saved by BELIEVING, not by praying. But if you'd like to pray as an expression of your faith, you could pray something like this. ...
I admit that I am a sinner deserving of Hell. I am guilty for breaking your holy commandments. I believe that you died on the cross to pay for my sins, were buried, and bodily resurrected three days later. Please forgive me of my sins and take me to Heaven when I die. I now believe upon You alone, apart from all self-righteous works and religion, as my personal Savior. Thank you. Amen.
Just as you were born physically to your parents, so you were born spiritually into the family of God when you received Jesus! John 1:12-13, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
Again, please understand that we are not saved because we pray a prayer, but because we BELIEVE upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is certainly appropriate to ask the Lord in prayer to forgive and save us, but it is our faith which prompts us to pray. You could just as easily believe in your heart upon the Lord to be saved, and not pray at all. Salvation is of the heart, as we read in Romans 10:10, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness...”
Likewise, it is an extra unnecessary step in God's plan of salvation, to require a person to walk down a church isle to be saved. Why cannot people be saved right there in their pew seat? They certainly can! Only God knows how many millions of people have gone to Hell, because they didn't want to walk down a church isle to find out how to be saved. Preachers should always give people a chance to be saved right there in the privacy of the pew. If they hear the Gospel preached and gladly receive (believe) it, they are saved (Acts 2:41).
It's not what you're doing that gets you to Heaven, it's where you're looking. Look to Jesus!
You do NOT have to be water baptized nor doing anything to get to Heaven other than trust upon the Lord as your Savior. Romans 4:5-6 proclaims... “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him (Jesus) that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God Imputeth Righteousness without works.” What a wonderful truth! Our faith is COUNTED for righteousness! God's righteousness is IMPUTED (transferred) to us, and our sins are IMPUTED to Christ.
There is NO self-righteousness (human effort) involved in salvation. It is the gift of God. You see, we have no righteousness of our own to offer God. No amount of good can undo the bad we've done. Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt that we could not pay. Salvation is receiving, not giving. We are sinners and Jesus is the Savior. Jesus is precious! We are saved by trusting, not by trying.
And please BEWARE my friend of the horrible heresy of WRONG REPENTANCE that says you must turn away from your sinful ways to be saved, because THAT IS NOT A GIFT! Of course God wants everyone to turn away from sinful behavior, but only because YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN, and not to BECOME A CHRISTIAN. The purpose of God's LAW is to give men the KNOWLEDGE OF SIN, to bring us to Christ (the Gospel of GRACE).
Unbelief is the only sin which can keep a sinner out of Heaven. But remember, faith is not the absence of doubt, but the presence of trust. Even if you have 99% doubt, it is nothing less than 100% faith if you call upon the name of the Lord (Romans 10:13). To “call” means to place your complete confidence in the Lord's death on the cross, burial and resurrection to be saved. We are saved by completely resting in the Good News (i.e., Gospel) of Jesus Christ.
Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!
Trusting Jesus is meaningless without the cross. You must believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. 1st Corinthians 15:1-4 teaches that the Gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
God's simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.
You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple!” Yes, that simple. It is scriptural, it is God's plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.
If you've never been saved, then now is the time to believe upon the name of Jesus, the Christ, that your sins will be blotted out forever and you can know that your name is written in Heaven. Salvation is not doing your best, it is having Christ's best put to your account through receiving Him by faith. God will not save anyone who is trying to be saved, He will only save those who are trusting to be saved.
Christ died for your sins. You are a sinner by nature and by choice. Jesus took your sins and charged them to His own record. He went to the cross and paid the penalty for your sins. He says if you're willing to receive Him in faith; He will transfer His payment to your debt, and His righteousness to your sins. He will impute to you His goodness, and impute to His own record your sin; if you in faith will trust Him as your Savior.
Romans 8:34, “Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”
If you would like to search for a good church where you live, CLICK HERE.
Kindest regards, your humble servant in Jesus Christ...
David J. Stewart
GetGodsGift.Org | You Need HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS! | Peter Preaches The Simple Gospel
If you'd like to learn all about salvation, then please read the book Salvation is More than Being Saved.
Dr. John R. Rice speaks on worldly Christians — Are they not saved?
Dr. Curtis Hutson speaks on Biblical repentance — Must a person stop sinning to be saved?
Also, you may want to read Ye Must Be Born Again and God's Simple Plan.
Philippians 3:9, “And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law,
but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.”
Excellent Sermons On Salvation by Dr. Hank Lindstrom:
How Permanent Is Your Salvation? (MP3)
Wrong Repentance - No Salvation (MP3)
Why Inviting Jesus Into Your Life Is A False Gospel (video)
God Seeks Lost Men (MP3)
Excellent Sermons On Salvation by Dr. Ralph Yankee Arnold:
Caught Between Grace And Works (MP3)
Personal Evangelism Test (MP3)
The Unpardonable Sin (MP3)
Must A Christian Live A Changed Life? - Part 1 (MP3)
Must A Christian Live A Changed Life? - Part 2 (MP3)
Easy Believism - It's Easy To Be Saved - Even Easier To Stay Saved (MP3)
Chapters from the book I originally wrote in 2001, SALVATION:
Faith is Not Optimism
Salvation is Received, not Achieved
- Good Works Verses Grace
The Gift of God
- Put All Your Faith in Jesus
Just Enough Faith
Salvation is of the Heart
- You Can Count On Jesus
Other great resources:
faith and your doubts will starve to death; but if
you don't, you'll feed your doubts and your faith will starve to death!”
—Pastor Ralph “Yankee” Arnold, a quote from the Spirit-filled sermon titled, “1st John Made Simple | MP3.”